Green Era Project Manager
We are looking for a dynamic individual who can coordinate work associated with the planning, development and construction of the Green Era Campus (www.greenerachicago.org). The project manager reports to the CEO of Urban Growers Collective and will collaborate closely with project partners, workforce partners and the Urban Growers Collective team, particularly on program elements at the campus. This position is a key member of the project planning, design and development team. This person will take an active role in managing the project overall as well as the process and relationships that are involved in the planning, design and development of the Green Era Campus including program managers, contractors, consultants and other entities. This is a one-year contract position beginning August 15, 2021.
- Manage relationships with project partners, workforce partners and the Urban Growers Collective team.
- Coordinate closely with all project partners to ensure that the design of the facility meets the needs of all partners.
- Support vetting process for consultants and projects partners.
- Manage the request for proposals process for the General Contractor for the Campus.
- Identify plans and processes to shift programs and operations from current locations to the Green Era Campus, in coordination with project partners.
- Coordinate with the development/fundraising team (including staff and consultants) and communications team to support internal and external information sharing.
- During the design phase, coordinate services of architects, engineers and other professionals.
- During the construction phase, coordinate all aspects of construction management to ensure that project goals and milestones are being met.
- Solicit bids from and secure various professionals and vendors for work on projects.
- Evaluate and make recommendations on bids.
- Negotiate terms of work and approve hiring of vendors.
- Oversee securing permits for construction projects including meeting with government officials and addressing problems that arise to ensure permit is secured according to schedule.
- Assist with the negotiation of construction contracts and architectural contracts for construction projects.
- Review architectural plans, construction drawings and performance specifications for accuracy; identify areas for costs savings and work with architects to produce plans that meet UGC’s budget.
- Manage relationships with contractor and architect during construction, attend construction meetings, review and keep track of shop drawing submittals, review and approve change orders, and work toward resolving construction-related disputes that arise.
- Manage and track all construction-related accounting (including construction escrows) to ensure that project stays within budget.
- Assess the status of projects against their plan and schedule, identify actual or potential problems, and facilitate solutions to ensure that the projects are completed as planned.
- Keep CEO of Urban Growers Collective and other project leaders apprised of progress through regular updates or meetings and including them on important correspondence related to the project.
For full details and application instructions, visit the link below.