Seasonal Farm Worker
This is a farm worker position for a seasoned farm worker. If you are interested in our educational program or a learning opportunity, please see our internship opportunities. The Farm Worker position encompasses all aspects of farm labor. We are looking for a dynamic individual who has experience with sustainable production farming and is self-motivated, detail-oriented, maintains a positive attitude, has strong communication skills, the ability to receive constructive criticism, timely, and maintains a strong work ethic.
- Build-out and maintenance of farm sites including seeding, planting, and tending and irrigating crops;
- Harvesting and post-harvest handling and record keeping of crops for sale and distribution;
- Pest management including hand-picking, maintaining row cover, and spraying of organic pesticides;
- Compost management and record keeping of crops and produce;
- Construction of hoop-houses and additional infrastructure on farm sites;
- Assisting with sales, load-in and out of produce at farmers’ markets and for the Fresh Moves Mobile Market — must be able to lift 75 pounds;
- Daily reporting to supervisor with weekly progress reports submitted;
- Daily use and safe-handling of farm equipment including tilers, wheelbarrows, tools and hand-tools;
- Willingness to work and preparation for working outdoors in all weather conditions; and
- Transportation of supplies to farm locations, experience driving small box trucks or large passenger vans preferred.
For full details and application instructions, visit the link below.