Urban Growers Collective’s goal is to bring the benefits of healthy, locally grown produce and other foods to Chicago’s communities while supporting the growth of Chicago’s urban farmers.
Urban Growers Collective’s Fresh Moves Mobile Market uses converted city buses as mobile farmers markets. ‘The produce aisle on wheels’ works toward closing the ‘food access’ gap by bringing produce to schools, community and health centers — places that folks already frequent — to help customers easily buy nutritious produce. Customers board bus and fill their bags with delicious local vegetables, produce and fruit. Produce is priced to be affordable for all and fair return for the farmers.
Fresh Moves has the renewed opportunity to support healthy dietary choices and through access to consistent good food, support and information and health and school partners to provide a web of support to reverse diet related diseases and health disparities. Connecting with children and their families is a critical concern.
Covid-19 ‘No-Contact’ Produce Pick-up
Urban Growers Collective is offering a no-contact produce pick-up at the South Chicago Farm. We are offering a rotating selection of farm fresh produce, which may include spinach, spring onions, chickweed, and lettuces. There is also a selection of produce from Marano’s Wholesale Market, our Fresh Moves Partner, which includes items that will store longer in refrigeration. Urban Growers Collective is matching purchases with donations to our Fresh Moves Mobile Market customers.
Fresh Moves Mobile Farmers’ Market
Please note that the Fresh Moves Mobile Market is temporarily suspended during the mandated state-wide “Stay in Place” order. We are donating produce to those organizations with residents living on site. To make a donation to provide produce to these residents, please donate here.
FRESH MOVES MOBILE MARKET SCHEDULE
During the winter months, find us inside!
- 12:00pm – 1:30pm: Trina Davila Community Service Center, 4300 W. North Avenue
- 2:00pm – 3:30pm: North Kostner Health Center, 1520 N. Kostner Avenue
- 11:00am – 1:00pm: Thresholds South & Howard Brown Health at Thresholds, 718 W. 47th Street
- 2:30pm – 4:00pm: Claretian Associates: Villa Guadalupe Senior Services, 3201 E. 91st Street
- 10:00am – 11:30am: Chicago Family Health, 9199 S. Exchange Avenue
- 1:00pm – 3:00pm: Howard Brown Health, 63rd Street, 641 W. 63rd Street
- 12:00pm – 1:30pm: King Center, 4314 S. Cottage Grove
- 3:00pm – 4:30pm: Komed Holman Health Center, 4259 S. Berkeley Avenue
- 11:00am – 1:00pm: Heartland Alliance, 5501 S. Halsted Street
- 2:30pm – 4:00pm: Howard Brown Health, 1525 E. 55th Street
Follow us on Instagram: @FreshMovesChi
Watch our work at the Howard Brown Center!